Tuesday, January 2, 2018

New Year New Stitching

Happy 2018! I managed to get in a bit of stitching on New Year’s Day to kick my stitching year off right. I also watched part of the Harry Potter marathon on HBO which pretty much made a perfect day for me. Rather than starting a new piece on January 1 which has been my habit in the past, I decided to pull out one of my WIPs instead since they’ve all been neglected for far too long.


The WIP I selected is Eiffel Quaker from Jardin Privé. I'm stitching it using the recommended DMC fibers. The fabric I selected is a 32 count Brigid Jobelan from Hand Dyed Fabrics by Stephanie.

I'm kind of out of the habit of taking stitching photos, so I didn't think to take the one above until after I had been stitching for about an hour or so. Here's another photo I took at the end of the evening to show the progress I made. It's not a whole lot, but it's far more than I've made in a long time, so I'm thrilled! My hope/plan is to finish the vase/flower motif I stopped with last night while I watch TV tonight. If I get that done and still have time, I'll work on the inside of the larger half motif to the right.


2018 Stitching Plans

I still need to pull out all of my WIPs and go through them to see what I've got going. It's kind of sad to realize it's been so long since I've stitched regularly that I don't actually even remember what I've got started. Oops!

I would like to make some significant progress on the WIPs I already have going. However, since many of them are BAPs, I may pick up and start a few smalls to work on initially just to help get me back into the swing of stitching so I don't get completely overwhelmed. One design I picked up recently from Bobbie at Stitching Bits & Bobs which might be a contender is the Coffee Time chart from Lizzie*Kate.

I've started a current WIPs page which includes all of my current works in progress. I've also created another page showing everything I have fully kitted at the moment as well as two pages for all my finishes. The first is for tracking my finishes for the current year and the second is for tracking all of my older finishes, dating all the way back to 2005. That's when I started tracking all of my stitching in a spreadsheet. As I complete my WIPs, they'll be moved to the current year's Finishes page. Whenever a new year rolls around, I'll move the previous year's Finishes from the current finishes over to the archived finishes page. I hope that makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.